The legendary Hotel Cipriani comes out on top. This Venetian sanctuary is an unrivalled symbol of international luxury travel, offering guests generous service without the pomp and an exclusive clubhouse ambiance for the discerning international traveller. The embodiment of la dolce vita that we all yearn for!
The United States has the most hotels in the Top 1,000, with The Peninsula Chicago and L’Ermitage Beverly Hills tied for second and third, respectively.
- Destinations popular with American tourists rank highly; Mexico’s Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal is tied for second place with the Caribbean’s Cheval Blanc St. Barth.
- Asia and the Indian Ocean are highlighted by The Peninsula Shanghai (tied No. 3), Soneva Fushi and Jani in the Maldives (tied No. 4) and the recently renovated Raffles Singapore (tied No. 5).
- The Savoy was named the best hotel in Britain and was ranked third in the globe, followed by The Connaught (tied for fourth) and The Goring (tied for fifth).
- Notable Paris hotels: La Réserve and Le Meurice (tied for third in the world), followed by Le Bristol and Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc on the French Riviera (tied for fourth), Cheval Blanc Paris and Plaza Athénée (tied for fifth).
- India becomes a leading hotel destination; the Oberoi Udaivilas in Udaipur ties for third place.
LA LISTE Special Awards Hotels showcase openings and hospitality innovation, ranging from experiential unplugged retreats to extreme luxury and sustainability pioneers. New Hotel Player is a collective of Habitas. Bhutan’s Amankora obtains an Innovation Award. The 28 winners, which encompass all continents, including Antarctica, enhance LA LISTE’s global hotel map by revealing hidden gems.
“LA LISTE’s meta classification aggregates over 300 travel guides, rankings, media, and customer reviews to rank the Top 1,000 World’s Best Hotels,” says LA LISTE co-founder Jorg Zipprick. In addition to over 35,000 restaurants and bakeries, our free mobile app profiles over 5,000 hotels in 200 countries.
“LA LISTE Hotels is a truly objective resource for travelers wanting up-to-date information on the luxury market before booking their next adventure, and a celebration of our outstanding hospitality community,” says Hélène Pietrini, the Managing Director of LA LISTE.
Philippe Faure, CEO and proprietor of LA LISTE, adds, “The annual Top 1,000 World’s Best Restaurants, published since 2015, is indispensable to food lovers. This new product – LA LISTE World’s Best Hotels – has evolved from our professional expertise in global gastronomy and travel.”