Qatar has become the first international airline to resume flights to the Maldives since global travel restrictions were enforced from March. On July 15, the first daily service touched down on Velana International Airport, marked with a water cannon salute.
Qatar Airline’s network expansion by the end of July
With Qatar Airline’s network never falling below 30 destinations throughout the crisis, the airline is said to expand to over 450 weekly flights to more than 70 destinations by the end of July. Also, there will be flights to these destinations:
- On 15th July, daily flights will resume to Male, Maldives.
2. On 16th July, three weekly flights will resume to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
3. On 18th July, three weekly flights will resume to Djibouti
4. On 23rd July, two weekly flights will resume to Antalya and Bodrum in Turkey.
5. On 25th July, three weekly flights will resume to Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen, Turkey. This is expected to increase to daily flights from August 1st.
6. On 29th July, three flights weekly will resume to Helsinki.
The resumption of flights to Maldives and Antalya and Bodrum in Turkey, Qatar Airlines network includes many popular holiday destinations that are open to the public. The airline has flights also operating regularly to many cities like Milan, Rome and Venice in Italy, Ankara and Istanbul of Turkey and also to six cities in the USA.