Qatar Airways has taken its safety measures for passengers and cabin crew to a whole new level. The airline has enforced various changes, including personal protective equipment suits for cabin crew and modified service that reduces people’s interaction.
What are the measures taken?
– The cabin crew is instructed to wear the protective suit over their uniforms with safety goggles, gloves, and a mask.
– Starting Monday, the passengers would require to wear face coverings, and are recommended to bring their own.
– Large bottles of hand sanitizer, placed in the galleys, will be available to both passengers and cabin crew.
– Business-class meals will be served on a tray instead of a table set up. Cutlery wrap, instead of individual cutlery service, will be provided to reduce contact between the crew and the passengers.
– In economy class, all meals and cutlery will be sealed and served as usual.
– All social areas onboard the aircraft will be closed to maintain social distancing.
Qatar Airways Group chief executive, Akbar Al Baker, while addressing these changes, said that they have introduced these additional safety measures onboard to ensure the continued health and wellbeing of their passengers and cabin crew, and to limit the spread of coronavirus.
“As an airline, we maintain the highest possible hygiene standards to ensure that we can fly people home safely during this time and provide even greater reassurance that safety is our number one priority.”
He added: “Seeing as we are still flying the world’s largest international network by operating flights to more than 30 destinations around the world, and aiming to grow our network again in the coming months, these onboard safety measures will assist us in achieving our goals.”