OYO Predicts An Upward Trend In Religious Tourism

OYO Hotels & Homes has announced ‘India’s Next Destinations’ through a data-backed predictive analysis that sheds light on India’s religious tourism as well as emerging leisure destinations for travellers. 

The report reveals that demand for holy cities will gain momentum

The trend forecasts an increasing demand for the holy cities of India, including Varanasi, Shirdi, and Haridwar.

According to OYO, Jaipur, followed by Goa and Kochi will become India’s major leisure destinations in the last three months of 2020. 

The data also predicts that most leisure destinations are within a driving distance from the main cities, like Goa and Shirdi for people living in Mumbai, Jaipur and Udaipur for people living in Delhi and Mysore for people living in Bengaluru, among others.

According to OYO’s consumer use cases, 56 percent of travellers will be visiting for leisure while 43 percent would travel for business. When asked about their next travel destination, a majority of the respondents chose Kerala, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, and Rajasthan. 

Amongst these, 45 percent of leisure travellers would prefer hill stations like Shimla and Mussoorie. The other 55 percent of leisure travellers would prefer non-hill station destinations like Goa, Agra, and Jaipur.

Goa, religious tourism

Furthermore, the data highlights that 56 percent of travellers would travel via private vehicles to nearby locations. The would travel with family or friends and would stay for 1-3 days.

Rohit Kapoor, CEO, India & South Asia, OYO said, “After spending months under lockdown and restrictions easing across the country, consumers are looking forward to stepping out and exploring new destinations, closer to home, and of course with utmost precautions. While intentions to travel are strengthening, our teams at OYO are working round the clock to also strengthen our offerings, and our value to the consumer.”

Lastly, the data shows that approximately 80 percent of travellers’ first priority is searching for sanitised stays. 46 percent also are considering regulation-related information while planning their trip.

Also Read: WTTC Report Reveals Travel Trends, Measures To Revive Tourism


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here


More Articles Like This

More from the Author