An online booking service for Covid-19 testing has been launched by the VFS Global for Delhi, Kochi, and Mumbai, to meet the demand for pre-departure Covid-19 testing solutions and also as a part of additional service. In association with a network of certified medical laboratories approved by the Government of India, this service has all due accreditations for swab collection for Covid-19. Online booking of appointments can be done on the VFS Global’s website by customers in Delhi, Kochi, and Mumbai, and provide samples at the designated associated medical laboratories.
In Mumbai, Kochi and Delhi, ‘At Your Doorstep’ services are offered. This service allows sample collection from the safety and comfort of a customer’s home. Trained medical professionals collect samples from the associated medical laboratories and the reports are sent to the registered email address of the customer with full confidentiality. In the coming weeks, it is expected that a similar offering will be extended to customers in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Chennai, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, and Jalandhar.
This service is not limited to just travelers and is open to all who may or may not be exhibiting Covid-19 symptoms. But in Kochi and Delhi, people can only avail of this service with a doctor’s prescription. VFS also provides a dedicated help desk.
The application steps for the Covid-19 RT-PCR Sample collection service
- Book an online appointment at the VFS Global website
- Provide all details asked along with your Aadhaar Card/Voter ID Card/ Passport Number and complete payment using a debit or credit card.
- Proceed to provide the sample as per the scheduled date, time, and location. Later receive the report.
Benefits Of The Service
- Easy online appointment booking system and convenient sample collection
- For convenience and safety, the ‘At Your Doorstep’ sample collection service is provided in selected cities.
- Report delivered to the registered email address with full confidentiality.
- The sample collection procedures are approved by the ICMR and the Ministry of Health and Welfare.
The Regional Group COO of South Asia, Middle East, North Africa and America, Vinay Malhotra, said: “We believe a convenient and reliable pre-departure COVID-19 sample collection/testing solution can become a catalyst in the recovery process of international travel by providing an assurance to destination countries, airlines, and travelers and by becoming a major risk-mitigator. Countries might even consider making this mandatory for incoming travelers to ease the pressure of testing upon arrival.”
Also, this Covid-19 sample collection service is not related to the visa application submission process and has no impact on VFS Global’s visa application process or the visa decision. For information on international travel, customers are advised to check travel advisories from the destination countries.
The service is provided by independent third-party service providers and is not owned or related to VFS Global. The role of VFS Global is limited to helping customers with booking appointments for the test.