JetPrivilege Re-brands As InterMiles, Six Months After Jet Airways Shuts Down Operations

JetPrivilege, the loyalty rewards programme of Jet Airways, rebranded itself as InternMiles, dropping the name of its bankrupt parent that stopped flying in April due to liquidity issues. The rebranded entity will let members earn and redeem Intermiles (Previously JPmiles) across travel, hospitality and lifestyle services in over 10 categories with more than 150 partner companies.

Bought by Etihad Group in 2014, the JPPL was set up as a separate entity formed fro market development and growth. Since Jet Airways grounded in April, the JPPL had said to be only redeemable with Jet Airways flights, Etihad or a few known associates airlines for hotel stays, fuel charges and 2500 plus merchandise options on the Jet Privilege Reward Store. 

However, with the rebranding underway, JetPrivilege Managing Director, Manish Dureja said, “we are embarking on a new journey with Inter Miles. What started as a frequent flyer programme has, today become the platform of choice that empowers our members to fulfil their travel and lifestyle aspirations. As we reinforce our commitment to the promise of making our members’ journey more fulfilling, our growth plan is focused on aggregating more benefits and simplifying access to a growing bouquet of experiences and rewards”.

Jet Airways owning 49.9 per cent and Etihad Airways the remaining 50.1 per cent, the Abu-Dhabi carrier has a stake worth about INR 2917 crore. With InterMiles to encompass both the award-winning loyalty and reward programme, it is said to have 250 plus airline partners globally and 150 other partners including aggregators such as easemytrip all distributed across 10 categories including travel, hospitality and lifestyle services. 

The only question that remains is whether JetPrivilage’s efforts to rebrand itself will be seen as a phoenix rising from the ashes or will the reward programme reach its demise just as its parent Airline?


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here


More Articles Like This

More from the Author